Process for a Golden Visa in Spain
The first and most important step when looking into starting a business in Spain or investing into the country, is obtaining what is commonly referred to as the Golden Visa. This type of visa was first introduced in Spain in 2013 and its primary purpose is to encourage foreign investment into the country. It is a mandatory requirement when considering Spanish residency for a business, and is relatively easy to obtain, with the right financial investment and usually takes up to twenty days for completion of the entire process. Let the professionals at Lusa Legal assist you and show you just how simple this process is.
Who is eligible for the Golden Visa in Spain?
In order to be considered as eligible for the Golden Visa Spain, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must not be a permanent resident of the European Union.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must not have any criminal activity on your record, in any country, for at least the past 5 years.
- You must not have entered Spain illegally in the past or have been previously denied entry into Spain or into any other country.
- You must prove to have sufficient funds for both yourself and your family to sustain yourself for the entire duration of your planned stay.
What are the benefits of a Golden Visa in Spain?
- Prior to the creation of the Golden Visa Europe, temporary residency in Spain was only granted for a period of ninety days or less. By obtaining a Spain investor visa, residency has now been extended to up to one year.
- When holding a Golden Visa, there is no minimum amount of time that must be spent in the country and a permanent move to Spain is not required.
- The investor is able to keep their tax address out of Spain.
- The Spain Golden Visa program allows for the holder to move freely throughout any of the associated Golden Visa countries (Schengen countries of Europe which include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland).
- It is valid for two years and it can easily be renewed again after this time period. After holding a Golden Visa for a period of five years or longer, permanent residency can then be applied for.
- The investor is also eligible to bring their immediate family and all dependant family members with them to Spain.
What is required to obtain a Golden Visa in Spain?
There are five primary methods to obtain this type of business visa:
- Obtaining citizenship by investment of €500,000 or more in Spanish real estate.
- Obtaining Spain residency by investment of €2 million or more in government issued bonds.
- Obtaining a Spain Golden Visa citizenship by investment of €1 million or more into shares of Spanish companies.
- Proving the signed contract as a highly qualified professional or researcher in projects of a general interest nature.
- Obtaining a Spain business visa by making a deposit of €1 million or more into a Spanish bank account.
Obtaining the Golden Visa in Spain with us
The benefits to holding this visa are clearly evident and possessing one will make obtaining permanent residency in the future a much easier task. With practical eligibility rules and modest Golden Visa requirements for the average investor or entrepreneur, a Golden Visa can be yours in approximately 20 days. With the proper guidance and assistance from the qualified team of legal professionals at Lusa Legal, obtaining a Golden Visa in Spain can be a very fast and easy process. Contact us today to get this process started:
+34 605 33 60 90 (Send us a WhatsApp message, and we will reply as soon as possible)
€ 1800 for the applicant
€ 850 for each family member
* Estimated service price, total amount will depend on the particular case and additional services required.
VAT is not included in the price.