The process of getting the Non-Lucrative Visa in Spain
If your primary goal is to obtain residency in Spain, but you do not wish start your own business and you do not plan on seeking employment while there? Then applying for a Non-Lucrative visa is the correct course of action for you. Obtaining this type of temporary residence permit in Span is an excellent method for those who qualify, that are seeking temporary residency in Spain and do not wish to work while they are in the country. Allow the professionals at Lusa Legal to take action for you and make obtaining a Non-Lucrative Visa a simple and easy process. Here’s all the facts that you need to know:
What are the benefits of a Non-Lucrative Visa in Spain?
There are many benefits to obtaining a non lucrative permit in Spain, including:
- It is an easy method to obtain residency in Spain for non EU citizens and to obtain a Spain visa for US citizens.
- It allows you to live in the country for a period of up to one year without being employed.
- It can easily be renewed after a one year period for a two-year Spain residence permit.
- After obtaining a Non-Lucrative permit, immediate and dependant family members are eligible to apply for a temporary residence permit Spain.
- Getting a visa for Spain in the Non-Lucrative permit form allows entrance to the country for educational purposes.
- A Non-Lucrative Permit also acts as a Spain retirement visa for those who wish to retire in Spain and spend a minimum of six months of the year within the country.
- There is no investment required.
- It is an excellent option for those looking for a second residence, to spend retirement time in Spain or to further their education here.
How to Apply for Residency in Spain?
Applying for residency in Spain by way of obtaining a Non-Lucrative Visa is a relatively quick and easy process.
- You must first be able to show that you have enough funds to live without working, for example: maintaining a balance of at least €2,200 per month over the past 12 months in a bank account registered under your name. You must also prove a balance of at least €550 over and above the initial amount for each family member that will be living in Spain with you.
- Proof will also be required showing that you receive substantial monthly income from a source such as a retirement fund or a trust fund that will sustain you while living in here.
- Once you have provided the required documents to show that you are able to financially sustain yourself and your dependents while in the country, a Non-Lucrative permit will be granted.
What is the difference between a Golden Visa and a Non-Lucrative Permit in Spain?
The main difference between these two types of visas is that the Golden Visa was created for those looking to invest in Spain or even to start a business does not require that the holder live within the country, while doing business there. The Non Lucrative visa Spain, does not require any prior investment in Spain, does not require that a business is started or that the holder works within the country, however the visa holder must take up residency in Spain for a period of at least six months and up to one year.
Will getting Non-Lucrative Help to Become a Spanish Citizen?
Obtaining a Non-Lucrative does not automatically mean that permanent residency has been granted. The method on how to get permanent residency in Spain is dependent on spending a minimum of five years in the country (by means of any type of visa) and then applying for permanent residency status.
Getting the non-lucrative visa in Spain with us
When looking into how to move to Spain, without the intention of starting a business venture, obtaining a Non-Lucrative permit is the easiest method for applying for residency in Spain. The team at Lusa Legal is experienced in Non-Lucrative permits and can make your experience in applying a much easier one. We are always here to field any questions that you may have, call us today: +34 682 085 432.