The Process of Setting up as Self-Employed in Spain
At Lusa Legal Firm, we are international experts in assisting our clients in obtaining a self-employed business permit in Spain. If you are considering living in Spain and would like to start your own business here, there are some important steps that need to be taken and required documentation that must be gathered first. We are well versed in the process of setting up as self-employed in Spain and we can guide you in the process of obtaining one.
What Makes you Self-Employed in Spain and How to Obtain it?
When looking into setting up as self-employed, there are quite a few initial requirements that must be met and supporting documentation provided to the Spanish immigration authorities. These requirements includes:
- Proof of enough capital to start up the proposed business.
- Proof of sufficient finances to support both the business owner and any dependent family members while living in Spain (a minimum of € 7,000 for the applicant is required).
- A clean criminal background check, both in their country of origin and within Spain.
- Proof of a rental or lease agreement for the premises where the business will operate.
- Proof that the business has the potential to create more jobs for Spanish citizens.
- Proof that the business has the potential to create new technologies or innovations.
How Long Will Getting A Self-Employed Permit Take?
Obtaining this type of residency can often be a lengthy process. Filling out the Spanish visa application form and collecting all of the required documentation can usually takes up to two months or more to complete. These documents must then be submitted to the immigration authorities for reviewal. It can then take anywhere from two to six months for the self employed visa in Spain to be granted.
How Long Is A Self-Employed Business Permit Valid For?
Once the visa has been granted, and you are officially self employed in Spain, the initial permit is valid for a period of one year. After this time you can apply to continue to be autonomo in Spain for another two years with the option to apply once more for another two year period after that. After five years have been spent within the country, you are eligible to apply for permanent residency status. It is also very important to note that you must spend a period of at least six months out of every year within the country while holding the self-employed business permit.
Setting up as Self-Employed in Spain with us
If you have a business venture idea and are interested in obtaining further information on how to become autonomo in Spain, the qualified team of legal professionals and Lusa Legal firm can help. We specialize in helping entrepreneurs gain their self-employed business permits in Spain and would be pleased to answer any questions that you may have. We believe that our business clients should be focused on growing and expanding their ideas, leaving the tedious details of forms and applications to us. Contact us today and let us know just how we can be of assistance:
+34 605 33 60 90 (Send us a WhatsApp message, and we will reply as soon as possible)
€ 1000 for the applicant
€ 720 for each family member
* Estimated service price, total amount will depend on the particular case and additional services required.
VAT is not included in the price.