Are you planning on continuing your education and studying in Spain? Congratulations! Students from all around the world come to Spain each year to take advantage of the excellent, post-secondary institutions that the country has to offer. If you are planning to expand your education, our team at Lusa Legal can help. We can answer all the questions that you have about school in Spain and can assist you in applying for all the proper paperwork that you will need to study here.
Do I need a student visa in Spain?
If you are planning to attend school in Spain, then you will need to apply for student visa in Spain. The student visa is designed for foreigners who wish to either attend school or conduct any kind of research or volunteer work within the country for longer than a three-month period.
What are the benefits of a Spanish student visa?
While having student visa in Spain is mandatory, it also provides numerous benefits such as:
- It allows the student to live and study in Spain for an entire year.
- It makes it easier to renew the visa after a year’s time if the student wishes to continue their studies.
- It allows anyone to conduct research in Spain for a period of up to one year.
- It provides the opportunity to work up to twenty hours each week through a paid internship.
- It makes it much easier to obtain a work permit after your studies are complete.
- It makes it easier to obtain residency permits for your family.
What documents do I require to apply for a Spanish student visa?
Applying to get student visa in Spain is a relatively easy process that only requires some basic documentation such as:
- A criminal record background check.
- A copy of your entire passport.
- A medical certificate stating that you are in good health.
- A letter of acceptance from your educational institution and information on the courses or research that you will be conducting.
- Proof that your educational fees have been paid.
- Proof that you have the financial means to support yourself while studying in Spain.
- Proof that you have proper medical insurance in Spain.
- Contact information for where you will be living while in the country.
- Three recent passport photos.
- A completed Spanish student visa application form.
Can I work in Spain while I study?
Yes! This is one of the excellent benefits of get student visa in Barcelona or in other Spanish cities. The student visa will allow you to work up to twenty hours each week, as long as this work doesn’t interfere with your studies and the funds earned aren’t being relied upon to solely support yourself. A work permit must be obtained from the Foreigner’s Office by any company that wishes to employ you during your studies.
Can my family visit me in Spain while I attend school?
Yes! Your spouse, legal partner or any minor children are allowed to immediately join you while you are studying in Spain. In order for your family to stay with you, you must be able to prove that you are able to fully support them financially, prove how you are all related and have them apply for their Foreigner’s Identity Card (TIE). While they must stay in Spain with you for at least six months, they will not be allowed to work during this period.
Furthering your education is an exciting endeavor and Spain is well known for the exemplary courses and institutions that it offers. If you are considering obtaining your student visa in Barcelona or in other Spanish cities, allow Lusa Legal to be of assistance. We pride ourselves on our abilities and our commitment to your educational success.
Contact us today with any questions that you may have: +34 605 33 60 90.
€ 800 for the applicant
€ 600 for each family member
* Estimated service price, total amount will depend on the particular case and additional services required.
VAT is not included in the price.